Tuesday, May 14, 2013
1. I have 16 Mondays left until i retire and about 6 of those will be vacation ones. I have been in three meetings within one week that have been full of hostile, disgruntled and ill mannered people. The reasons vary and i won't bore you but i realize retirement can't come fast enough anymore.
I told my boss that for me, waiting for retirement feels something like this: You're traveling in a car on a very long road trip and you start to feel the urge to pee.... only you aren't quite ready to stop yet, so you keep driving and have no trouble holding it for awhile. And finally a rest stop sign says the next one is 25 miles away. So you say to your spouse, 'okay, let's stop when we get there because i need to pee'. And you are still able to maintain your bladder for another half hour or so.. But then something happens when you pull into the rest stop.... All of a sudden it becomes super urgent... like with a capital U.
And before you can almost get into the bathroom stall and pull down your zipper you are ready to burst. And heaven help you if there is a line - the closer you got to the toilet the harder it became. It's the knowing you are almost there but not quite that makes it unbearable.
That's how i feel about retirement. When can you retire and what do you think you'll want to do?
2. I haven't finished watching the DVD yet because we put it on too late, but i already LOVE Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained. Has anyone else seen this? The scene where they are wearing KKK kind of masks but they can't see through the holes is hilarious. I am glad Tarantino won the Academy Award for Best Screenplay.
His Pulp Fiction is still one of my Top Ten favorite movies. And it's almost one of those deal breaker movies. In that i wouldn't want to ever date a guy (if i were still dating) if he said the movie Pulp Fiction was too offensive and violent. I was never attractive to overly sensitive guys. What off the wall movie do you love?
3. After training since January i run my half marathon on Sunday. I have a goal. It's to beat my time last year. My spreadsheet shows that i have trained more than last year. So unless i feel terrible or something hurts, i think i can do it. I'm going to try. My other goal is to keep running at least until i am 60 years old (4 years from now) but this might be my last race. I don't love running at all. I just can't not do it. What do YOU do that you don't like?
4. I need measurable goals, especially ones that get me outside. I am the least adventurous person i know but i do what i can to get myself out of the house. I swear sometimes i could almost be agoraphobic. What goals do YOU make for yourself?
5. Dammit, My iTunes updated itself and it's very confusing and incredibly irritating. I did not update it cause i hate stupid changes that don't make sense. And my husband tells me he didn't update it. Now i'm trying to figure out how to get my recently purchased songs on to my iPod which is plugged in. I have to ask: Has anyone ever had a technological update that improved your life?
OK, that's all i got for now. I have to go figure out this iTunes thing. I know it won't be THAT difficult it's just that it is a surprise and i HATE SURPRISES!!! I really do.
Notes to Self:
Blog views last month: 1188
All time blog views: 43,626
Most popular blog view this month: Bad Boyfriend Story (again!)
Shout Out: equeyaya! Amulbunny!