|edited because i found a photo i like better!|
2. I finally finished Life of Pi. Almost didn't. But here's what happened: I think it was about 100 pages in....and it still wasn't grabbing me so i put it in my car to give back to louielouie. And one day i went to get some take-out Pho for lunch and i had no other book to read while waiting except for Life of Pi. And it just so happened while waiting for my order i got to the part where the ship sinks. And that is when i got interested. I loved this book!
3. Loving Life of Pi goes along with what i have mentioned here before on the blog. So often it's the book i keep picking up and putting down over and over again that ends up being on my Top List. This happened with Cutting for Stone, The Art of Fielding, A Prayer for Owen Meaney, and many others that i forget titles too.
4. If you haven't ever heard John Butler Trio, you should check out Betterman but listen to the version from their Three album. I saw these guys in concert with Julie, (jj here) and it was the best concert i've ever been to. (They just came on my iTunes which made me post this.)
5. I don't care about the story of Amanda Knox. I saw that CNN interview in part and first off who is that asshole interviewing her? What a jackfuck he was. But she wasn't cool either. If a legitimate writer publishes a book about her story i will read it. But it has to be by someone like Vincent Bugliosi. (I don't think Anne Rule is as good as she used to be.)
6. The story about the 3 kidnapped women for a decade is amazing however. And i do care more about that story. I hope the media doesn't make those poor women and child's lives miserable. I haven't watched anything today about it so i don't know if there is something new. I sort of hope this doesn't hang in the news too long even as the story is compelling.
7. It's Mother's Day Sunday. I'm hosting at my house. I hate Mother's Day for its obligatory-ness. My mom always feels so entitled to something big. Brian's mother, who is much sweeter does not. I would rather do for her. But at least my brothers and Kylee and Ashley will be here so i am looking forward to it.
8. One reason being that it motivated me to get my patio cleaned and plants hanging and my windows washed and just all around spring cleaning. Not that anyone in my family cares since they are used to my mom's hoarder-like home.
9. Anyway, aside from how much i hate Mother's Day, i want to wish all of you here who are mothers because i think you took on the bravest job in the world. And i am happy to know that there are good folks out there like you procreating.