Menu of the Day:
Music: YouTube of Amos Lee. I don't have iTunes hooked up to our new iMac yet.
The Best Thing that Happened this week: The new iMac! I cannot believe how much faster this computer is! I am so excited. And the resolution on this monitor and the sound is so fabulous. Why did we wait so long?
The worst thing that happened: Casey Anthony should have at least gotten Murder in the Second or child abuse - isn't it child abuse to not report her missing? I watched the trial when i first started and i do feel strongly about her guilt. Though i don't think they proved 1st Degree. I think she fits the profile totally of Diane Downs. She may wish she was still in jail after she gets out in the real world with some of those wackos who protest the verdict. I won't read a book if she writes it, but i would love to read one written by a reputable author. Oh hell, what am i saying, i'd probably read one by Nancy Grace even. And she's a nut too.
OK, short menu. The only thing i don't like is this teeny Little Mac keyboard that feels like my netbook. I need a real one. On with the randomness...
1. I washed windows on 4th of July. I have a small place - 4 windows and a slider and a big mirror, but it took me over two hours. That's the last time i do that. Usually i hire it out. But they look great. i think i'm going to reward myself by buying a very expensive bottle of wine that would equal what i would pay.
2. I just read a GREAT book in two days. It's a novel about conjoined twins called The Girls. Very poignant book and i highly recommend it. This one and Half Broke Horses are my new favorite books.
3. I've been watching on DVD the first season of Arrested Development. Does anyone else love this show? It's full of people you are not supposed to like but somehow you do. Except maybe for the mom.
4. Brian put Edward Hopper's famous painting of the Nighthawks diner on our wallpaper on this computer. I love it. Edward Hopper is one of my favorite painters. I have one of his coffee table books and i liked finding out he was married to a woman named Jo and he died on my birthday.
5. I am on vacation until Aug. 8th. But if my union decides to go on strike (over a loss in our pension), i will retire on Aug. 31. If not, i will pull my letter and go to work.
6. There is a part of me that wishes this decision was made for me by having my union strike.
7. I LOVE being alone on vacation. I love sitting out on my patio and reading for hours. I love the mornings best when i watch TV (Arrested Development) while drinking coffee in bed for an hour or two before going out for a run. And i like taking naps. But i am not sure i can make a whole life out of this so maybe i better stop thinking about retirement.
8. There is only so much YouTubing a person can do in their leisure time.
9. I'm going to end on 9. I could probably go find a photo off the Internet to add, because i can't upload anything just yet on this iMac until we get it hooked up to our stuff. (And we need to load PhotoShop.) i might just keep this naked for the time being.
Hope y'all are all having a great summer! What's going on?