|The only person i trust|
who doesn't cuss.
Above is the link to a forgotten blog post from Feb. 2010 blog post that i was recently re-reading because i could see from the stats it had some views. I think it's pretty funny and i thought it was a subject revisiting. So let's do this.
1. I'm not sure i believe the low key attention to North Korea's threats. Can those missiles really reach us? I'm not comforted by Seth Myer's joke on Weekend Update about the missile and his warning.... "to the middle of the ocean". We live right near Ft. Lewis military base.
I do trust that something is being done to make sure this doesn't happen, only we aren't being told.
2. This might be redundant from the link above, i can't remember...but i distrust people who NEVER cuss. My sister in law on my husband's side when she wants to say something bad to someone uses this phrase: 'poop on you'. I think that is far worse than 'fuck you'. I HATE the word or image of poop. I hate the image of most people, (not all people...but most...you know who i mean....) having sex too, but i never equate the f-word with that anyway, do you?
However, i hate when people use the f-word constantly. We have a union president in our office who is f-ing this and f-ing that in his everyday talk. He has two deaf children. I wondered if that's why he does this. Also i wouldn't mind picturing the image of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie having sex. Or Johnny Depp with anybody.)
3. I distrust almost everything my local Channel 5 news anchor Jean Enersen when she does her "Health Link" bit at the end of the broadcast. She looks anorexic and far from healthy. I was actually trying to find a photo of her to put up to support this but i can't because it's not out there. I swear King 5 News is making sure that her images online have been PhotoShopped her to put weight ON her. I couldn't even find a photo or video of her doing "Health Link" on their website.
i love that Jean Enersen is still on the air. ( I just wish she would eat a breakfast like i just did: a croissant sandwich with bacon. ) Jean was around when i moved here in 1974 and i've said it before, i used to have a girl crush on her back then.
4. My Knee. My nearly 56 year old left knee has begun to hurt during this half marathon training. I spent $40 something on a a knee brace and something called 'kinetic tape' (i think that's what it's called). I do not trust that these are really going to help my knee and I'm going to get a really weird tan line for nothing.
My right knee is also nearly 56 years old.
5. My favorite authors. I don't trust that my favorite authors will always write books that i will love. I have been disappointed in John Irving, Rebecca Wells, Pat Conroy, Stephanie Kallos (who wrote "Broken for You") and to some degree even Richard Russo. The prize for disappointment goes to Pat Conroy for his last book "South of Broad". He took something like 15 years to write it and i hated every character in that book and gave it away immediately to my brother as an ornament for his empty book shelf.
I'm glad that they at least try. It always bothered me that Harper Lee didn't come out with something else.
6. Flipped Houses. I love to watch the HG Channel and shows about flips. I still look for houses online, though we are not in the market to buy one anymore. But every time i see one that is move-in ready and has everything i like, i notice the dates on Zillow show that the previous sold date and the listing are only a few months apart. And the previous sold price is far less than the now asking price. That's a flip. Then I start thinking of it as 'lipstick on a pig' and the cosmetics are hiding something sinister, like mold, dry rot, and rodents living in the attic and serial killer neighbors and a meth lab down the street.
I sometimes get ideas on how to decorate with these shows and photos online of the houses.
I'll try and come up with a photo later for this. For now, what do y'all distrust? And nobody can say "Fox News" because that's a given.